(from Day 2 Evening Prayer)
Salvum me fac
- HELP me, Lord, for there is not one godly man left: for the faithful are minished from among the children of men,
- They talk of vanity every one with his neighbour: they do but flatter with their lips, and dissemble in their double heart.
- The Lord shall root out all deceitful lips: and the tongue that speaketh proud things;
- Which have said, With our tongue will we prevail: we are they that ought to speak , who is lord over us?
- Now for the comfortless trouble's sake of the needy: and because of the deep sighing of the poor,
- I will up, saith the Lord: and will help every one from him that swelleth against him, and will set him at rest.
- The words of the Lord are pure words: even as the silver, which from the earth is tried, and purified seven times in the fire.
- Thou shalt keep them, O Lord: thou shalt preserve him from this generation for ever.
- The ungodly walk on every side: when they are exalted, the children of men are put to rebuke.