(from Day 24 Evening Prayer)
- BLESSED are those that are undefiled in the way: and walk in the law of the Lord.
- Blessed are they that keep his testimonies: and seek him with their whole heart.
- For they who do no wickedness: walk in his ways.
- Thou hast charged: that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.
- O that my ways were made so direct: that I might keep thy statutes!
- So shall I not be confounded: while I have respect unto all thy commandments.
- I will thank thee with an unfeigned heart: when I shall have learned the judgements of thy righteousness.
- I will keep thy ceremonies: O forsake me not utterly.
In quo corriget?
- WHEREWITHAL shall a young man cleanse his way: even by ruling himself after thy word.
- With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not go wrong out of thy commandments.
- Thy words have I hid within my heart: that I should not sin against thee.
- Blessed art thou, O Lord: O teach me thy statutes.
- With my lips have I been telling: of all the judgements of thy mouth.
- I have had as great delight in the way of thy testimonies: as in all manner of riches.
- I will talk of thy commandments: and have respect unto thy ways.
- My delight shall be in thy statutes: and I will not forget thy word.
Retribue servo tuo
- O DO well unto thy servant: that I may live, and keep thy word.
- Open thou mine eyes: that I may see the wondrous things of thy law.
- I am a stranger upon earth: O hide not thy commandments from me.
- My soul breaketh out for the very fervent desire: that it hath alway unto thy judgements.
- Thou hast rebuked the proud: and cursed are they that do err from thy commandments.
- O turn from me shame and rebuke: for I have kept thy testimonies.
- Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant is occupied in thy statutes.
- For thy testimonies are my delight: and my counsellors.
- MY SOUL cleaveth to the dust: O quicken thou me, according to thy word.
- I have acknowledged my ways, and thou heardest me: O teach me thy statutes.
- Make me to understand the way of thy commandments: and so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
- My soul melteth away for very heaviness: comfort thou me according unto thy word.
- Take from me the way of lying: and cause thou me to make much of thy law.
- I have chosen the way of truth: and thy judgements have I laid before me.
- I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O Lord, confound me not.
- I will run the way of thy commandments: when thou hast set my heart at liberty.
(from Day 25 Morning Prayer)
- TEACH me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes: and I shall keep it unto the end.
- Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law: yea, I shall keep it with my whole heart.
- Make me to go in the path of thy commandments: for therein is my desire.
- Incline my heart unto thy testimonies: and not to covetousness.
- O turn away mine eyes, lest they behold vanity: and quicken thou me in thy way.
- O stablish thy word in thy servant: that I may fear thee.
- Take away the rebuke that I am afraid of: for thy judgements are good.
- Behold, my delight is in thy commandments: O quicken me in thy righteousness.
Et veniat super me
- LET thy loving mercy come also unto me, O Lord: even thy salvation, according unto thy word.
- So shall I make answer unto my blasphemers: for my trust is in thy word.
- O take not the word of thy truth utterly out of my mouth: for my hope is in thy judgements.
- So shall I alway keep thy law: yea, for ever and ever.
- And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy commandments.
- I will speak of thy testimonies also, even before kings: and will not be ashamed.
- And my delight shall be in thy commandments: which I have loved.
- My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have loved: and my study shall be in thy statutes.
Memor esto servi tui
- O THINK upon thy servant, as concerning thy word: wherein thou hast caused me to put my trust.
- The same is my comfort in my trouble: for thy word hath quickened me.
- The proud have had me exceedingly in derision: yet have I not shrinked from thy law.
- For I remembered thine everlasting judgements, O Lord: and received comfort.
- I am horribly afraid: for the ungodly that forsake thy law.
- Thy statutes have been my songs: in the house of my pilgrimage.
- I have thought upon thy Name, O Lord, in the night-season: and have kept thy law.
- This I had: because I kept thy commandments.
Portio mea, Domine
- THOU art my portion, O Lord: I have promised to keep thy law.
- I made my humble petition in thy presence with my whole heart: O be merciful unto me, according to thy word.
- I called mine own ways to remembrance: and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.
- I made haste, and prolonged not the time: to keep thy commandments.
- The congregations of the ungodly have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law.
- At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee: because of thy righteous judgements.
- I am a companion of all them that fear thee: and keep thy commandments.
- The earth, O Lord, is full of thy mercy: O teach me thy statutes.
- O LORD, thou hast dealt graciously with thy servant: according unto thy word.
- O learn me true understanding and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
- Before I was troubled, I went wrong: but now have I kept thy word.
- Thou art good and gracious: O teach me thy statutes.
- The proud have imagined a lie against me: but I will keep thy commandments with my whole heart.
- Their heart is as fat as brawn: but my delight hath been in thy law.
- It is good for me that I have been in trouble: that I may learn thy statutes.
- The law of thy mouth is dearer unto me: than thousands of gold and silver.
(from Day 25 Evening Prayer)
Manus tuae fecerunt me
- THY hands have made me and fashioned me: O give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.
- They that fear thee will be glad when they see me: because I have put my trust in thy word.
- I know, O Lord, that thy judgements are right: and that thou of very faithfulness hast caused me to be troubled.
- O let thy merciful kindness be my comfort: according to thy word unto thy servant.
- O let thy loving mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.
- Let the proud be confounded, for they go wickedly about to destroy me: but I will be occupied in thy commandments.
- Let such as fear thee, and have known thy testimonies: be turned unto me.
- O let my heart be sound in thy statutes: that I be not ashamed.
Defecit anima mea
- MY SOUL hath longed for thy salvation: and I have a good hope because of thy word.
- Mine eyes long sore for thy word: saying, O when wilt thou comfort me?
- For I am become like a bottle in the smoke: yet do I not forget thy statutes.
- How many are the days of thy servant: when wilt thou be avenged of them that persecute me?
- The proud have digged pits for me: which are not after thy law.
- All thy commandments are true: they persecute me falsely; O be thou my help.
- They had almost made an end of me upon earth: but I forsook not thy commandments.
- O quicken me after thy loving-kindness: and so shall I keep the testimonies of thy mouth.
In aeternum. Domine
- O LORD, thy word: endureth for ever in heaven.
- Thy truth also remaineth from one generation to another: thou hast laid the foundation of the earth, and it abideth.
- They continue this day according to thine ordinance: for all things serve thee.
- If my delight had not been in thy law: I should have perished in my trouble.
- I will never forget thy commandments: for with them thou hast quickened me.
- I am thine, O save me: for I have sought thy commandments.
- The ungodly laid wait for me to destroy me: but I will consider thy testimonies.
- I see that all things come to an end: but thy commandment is exceeding broad.
- LORD, what love have I unto thy law: all the day long is my study in it.
- Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
- I have more understanding than my teachers: for thy testimonies are my study.
- I am wiser than the aged: because I keep thy commandments.
- I have refrained my feet from every evil way: that I may keep thy word.
- I have not shrunk from thy judgements: for thou teachest me.
- O how sweet are thy words unto my throat: yea, sweeter than honey unto my mouth.
- Through thy commandments I get understanding: therefore I hate all evil ways.
(from Day 26 Morning Prayer)
Lucerna pedibus meis
- THY word is a lantern unto my feet: and a light unto my paths.
- I have sworn, and am stedfastly purposed: to keep thy righteous judgements.
- I am troubled above measure: quicken me, O Lord, according to thy word.
- Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please thee, O Lord: and teach me thy judgements.
- My soul is alway in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
- The ungodly have laid a snare for me: but yet I swerved not from thy commandments.
- Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever: and why? they are the very joy of my heart.
- I have applied my heart to fulfil thy statutes alway: even unto the end.
Iniquos odio habui
- I HATE them that imagine evil things: but thy law do I love.
- Thou art my defence and shield: and my trust is in thy word.
- Away from me, ye wicked: I will keep the commandments of my God.
- O stablish me according to thy word, that I may live: and let me not be disappointed of my hope.
- Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: yea, my delight shall be ever in thy statutes.
- Thou hast trodden down all them that depart from thy statutes: for they imagine but deceit.
- Thou puttest away all the ungodly of the earth like dross: therefore I love thy testimonies.
- My flesh trembleth for fear of thee: and I am afraid of thy judgements.
- I DEAL with the thing that is lawful and right: O give me not over unto mine oppressors.
- Make thou thy servant to delight in that which is good: that the proud do me no wrong.
- Mine eyes are wasted away with looking for thy health: and for the word of thy righteousness.
- O deal with thy servant according unto thy loving mercy: and teach me thy statutes.
- I am thy servant, O grant me understanding: that I may know thy testimonies.
- It is time for thee, Lord, to lay to thine hand: for they have destroyed thy law.
- For I love thy commandments: above gold and precious stone.
- Therefore hold I straight all thy commandments: and all false ways I utterly abhor.
- THY testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them.
- When thy word goeth forth: it giveth light and understanding unto the simple.
- I opened my mouth, and drew in my breath: for my delight was in thy commandments.
- O look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me: as thou usest to do unto those that love thy Name.
- Order my steps in thy word: and so shall no wickedness have dominion over me.
- O deliver me from the wrongful dealings of men: and so shall I keep thy commandments.
- Shew the light of thy countenance upon thy servant: and teach me thy statutes.
- Mine eyes gush out with water: because men keep not thy law.
Justus es, Domine
- RIGHTEOUS art thou, O Lord: and true is thy judgement.
- The testimonies that thou hast commanded: are exceeding righteous and true.
- My zeal hath even consumed me: because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
- Thy word is tried to the uttermost: and thy servant loveth it.
- I am small, and of no reputation: yet do I not forget thy commandments.
- Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness: and thy law is the truth.
- Trouble and heaviness have taken hold upon me: yet is my delight in thy commandments.
- The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: O grant me understanding, and I shall live.
(from Day 26 Evening Prayer)
Clamavi in toto corde meo
- I CALL with my whole heart: hear me, O Lord, I will keep thy statutes.
- Yea, even unto thee do I call: help me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
- Early in the morning do I cry unto thee: for in thy word is my trust.
- Mine eyes prevent the night-watches: that I might be occupied in thy words.
- Hear my voice, O Lord, according unto thy loving-kindness: quicken me, according as thou art wont.
- They draw nigh that of malice persecute me: and are far from thy law.
- Be thou nigh at hand, O Lord: for all thy commandments are true.
- As concerning thy testimonies, I have known long since: that thou hast grounded them for ever.
- O CONSIDER mine adversity, and deliver me: for I do not forget thy law.
- Avenge thou my cause, and deliver me: quicken me, according to thy word.
- Health is far from the ungodly: for they regard not thy statutes.
- Great is thy mercy, O Lord: quicken me, as thou art wont.
- Many there are that trouble me, and persecute me: yet do I not swerve from thy testimonies.
- It grieveth me when I see the transgressors: because they keep not thy law.
- Consider, O Lord, how I love thy commandments: O quicken me, according to thy loving-kindness.
- Thy word is true from everlasting: all the judgements of thy righteousness endure for evermore.
Principes persecuti sunt
- PRINCES have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.
- I am as glad of thy word: as one that findeth great spoils.
- As for lies, I hate and abhor them: but thy law do I love.
- Seven times a day do I praise thee: because of thy righteous judgements.
- Great is the peace that they have who love thy law: and they are not offended at it.
- Lord, I have looked for thy saving health: and done after thy commandments.
- My soul hath kept thy testimonies: and loved them exceedingly.
- I have kept thy commandments and testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.
- LET my complaint come before thee, O Lord: give me understanding, according to thy word.
- Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me, according to thy word.
- My lips shall speak of thy praise: when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
- Yea, my tongue shall sing of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteous.
- Let thine hand help me: for I have chosen thy commandments.
- I have longed for thy saving health, O Lord: and in thy law is my delight.
- O let my soul live, and it shall praise thee: and thy judgements shall help me.
- I have gone astray like a sheep that is lost: O seek thy servant, for I do not forget thy commandments.