(from Day 23 Evening Prayer)
In exitu Israel
- WHEN Israel came out of Egypt: and the house of Jacob from among the strange people,
- Judah was his sanctuary: and Israel his dominion.
- The sea saw that, and fled: Jordan was driven back.
- The mountains skipped like rams: and the little hills like young sheep.
- What aileth thee, O thou sea, that thou fleddest: and thou Jordan, that thou wast driven back?
- Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams: and ye little hills, like young sheep?
- Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord: at the presence of the God of Jacob;
- Who turned the hard rock into a standing water: and the flint-stone into a springing well.