(from Day 22 Evening Prayer)
Paratum cor meum
- O GOD, my heart is ready, my heart is ready: I will sing and give praise with the best member that I have.
- Awake, thou lute, and harp: I myself will awake right early.
- I will give thanks unto thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.
- For thy mercy is greater than the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.
- Set up thyself, O God, above the heavens: and thy glory above all the earth.
- That thy beloved may be delivered: let thy right hand save them, and hear thou me.
- God hath spoken in his holiness: I will rejoice therefore, and divide Sichem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- Gilead is mine, and Manasses is mine: Ephraim also is the strength of my head.
- Judah is my law-giver, Moab is my wash-pot: over Edom will I cast out my shoe, upon Philistia will I triumph.
- Who will lead me into the strong city: and who will bring me into Edom?
- Hast not thou forsaken us, O God: and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our hosts?
- O help us against the enemy: for vain is the help of man.
- Through God we shall do great acts: and it is he that shall tread down our enemies.