(from Day 20 Morning Prayer)
Benedic, anima mea
- PRAISE the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me praise his holy Name.
- Praise the Lord, O my soul: and forget not all his benefits;
- Who forgiveth all thy sin: and healeth all thine infirmities;
- Who saveth thy life from destruction: and crowneth thee with mercy and loving-kindness;
- Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things: making thee young and lusty as an eagle.
- The Lord executeth righteousness and judgement: for all them that are oppressed with wrong.
- He shewed his ways unto Moses: his works unto the children of Israel.
- The Lord is full of compassion and mercy: long-suffering, and of great goodness.
- He will not alway be chiding: neither keepeth he his anger for ever.
- He hath not dealt with us after our sins: nor rewarded us according to our wickednesses.
- For look how high the heaven is in comparison of the earth: so great is his mercy also toward them that fear him.
- Look how wide also the east is from the west: so far hath he set our sins from us.
- Yea, like as a father pitieth his own children: even so is the Lord merciful unto them that fear him.
- For he knoweth whereof we are made: he remembereth that we are but dust.
- The days of man are but as grass: for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
- For as soon as the wind goeth over it, it is gone: and the place thereof shall know it no more.
- But the merciful goodness of the Lord endureth for ever and ever upon them that fear him: and his righteousness upon children's children;
- Even upon such as keep his covenant: and think upon his commandments to do them.
- The Lord hath prepared his seat in heaven: and his kingdom ruleth over all.
- O praise the Lord, ye angels of his, ye that excel in strength: ye that fulfil his commandment, and hearken unto the voice of his words.
- O praise the Lord, all ye his hosts: ye servants of his that do his pleasure.
- O speak good of the Lord, all ye works of his, in all places of his dominion: praise thou the Lord, O my soul.