(from Day 19 Evening Prayer)
Misericordiam et judicium
- MY SONG shall be of mercy and judgement: unto thee, O Lord, will I sing.
- O let me have understanding: in the way of godliness.
- When wilt thou come unto me: I will walk in my house with a perfect heart.
- I will take no wicked thing in hand; I hate the sins of unfaithfulness: there shall no such cleave unto me.
- A froward heart shall depart from me: I will not know a wicked person.
- Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour: him will I destroy.
- Whoso hath also a proud look and high stomach: I will not suffer him.
- Mine eyes look upon such as are faithful in the land: that they may dwell with me.
- Whoso leadeth a godly life: he shall be my servant.
- There shall no deceitful person dwell in my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.
- I shall soon destroy all the ungodly that are in the land: that I may root out all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.