Day 7 Morning Prayer
- PLEAD thou my cause, O Lord, with them that strive with me: and fight thou against them that fight against me.
- Lay hand upon the shield and buckler: and stand up to help me.
- Bring forth the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
- Let them be confounded and put to shame, that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion, that imagine mischief for me.
- Let them be as the dust before the wind: and the angel of the Lord scattering them.
- Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the Lord persecute them.
- For they have privily laid their net to destroy me without a cause: yea, even without a cause have they made a pit for my soul.
- Let a sudden destruction come upon him unawares, and his net, that he hath laid privily, catch himself: that he may fall into his own mischief.
- And, my soul, be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in his salvation.
- All my bones shall say, Lord, who is like unto thee, who deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him: yea, the poor, and him that is in misery, from him that spoileth him?
- False witnesses did rise up: they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
- They rewarded me evil for good: to the great discomfort of my soul.
- Nevertheless, when they were sick, I put on sackcloth, and humbled my soul with fasting: and my prayer shall turn into mine own bosom.
- I behaved myself as though it had been my friend or my brother: I went heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother.
- But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the very abjects came together against me unawares, making mouths at me, and ceased not.
- With the flatterers were busy mockers: who gnashed upon me with their teeth.
- Lord, how long wilt thou look upon this: O deliver my soul from the calamities which they bring on me, and my darling from the lions.
- So will I give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.
- O let not them that are mine enemies triumph over me ungodly: neither let them wink with their eyes that hate me without a cause.
- And why? their communing is not for peace; but they imagine deceitful words against them that are quiet in the land.
- They gaped upon me with their mouths, and said: Fie on thee, fie on thee, we saw it with our eyes.
- This thou hast seen, O Lord: hold not thy tongue then, go not far from me, O Lord.
- Awake, and stand up to judge my quarrel: avenge thou my cause, my God, and my Lord.
- Judge me, O Lord my God, according to thy righteousness: and let them not triumph over me.
- Let them not say in their hearts, There, there, so would we have it: neither let them say, We have devoured him.
- Let them be put to confusion and shame together, that rejoice at my trouble: let them be clothed with rebuke and dishonour, that boast themselves against me.
- Let them be glad and rejoice, that favour my righteous dealing: yea, let them say alway, Blessed be the Lord, who hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
- And as for my tongue, it shall be talking of thy righteousness: and of thy praise all the day long.
- MY HEART sheweth me the wickedness of the ungodly: that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
- For he flattereth himself in his own sight: until his abominable sin be found out.
- The words of his mouth are unrighteous, and full of deceit: he hath left off to behave himself wisely, and to do good.
- He imagineth mischief upon his bed, and hath set himself in no good way: neither doth he abhor any thing that is evil.
- Thy mercy, O Lord, reacheth unto the heavens: and thy faithfulness unto the clouds.
- Thy righteousness standeth like the strong mountains: thy judgements are like the great deep.
- Thou, Lord, shalt save both man and beast; How excellent is thy mercy, O God: and the children of men shall put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
- They shall be satisfied with the plenteousness of thy house: and thou shalt give them drink of thy pleasures, as out of the river.
- For with thee is the well of life: and in thy light shall we see light.
- O continue forth thy loving-kindness unto them that know thee: and thy righteousness unto them that are true of heart.
- O let not the foot of pride come against me: and let not the hand of the ungodly cast me down.
- There are they fallen, all that work wickedness: they are cast down, and shall not be able to stand.