Day 4 Evening Prayer
Deus, Deus meus
- MY GOD, my God, look upon me; why hast thou forsaken me: and art so far from my health, and from the words of my complaint?
- O my God, I cry in the day-time, but thou hearest not: and in the night-season also I take no rest.
- And thou continuest holy: O thou worship of Israel.
- Our fathers hoped in thee: they trusted in thee, and thou didst deliver them.
- They called upon thee, and were holpen: they put their trust in thee, and were not confounded.
- But as for me, I am a worm, and no man: a very scorn of men, and the outcast of the people.
- All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot our their lips, and shake their heads, saying,
- He trusted in God, that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, if he will have him.
- But thou art he that took me out of my mother's womb: thou wast my hope, when I hanged yet upon my mother's breasts.
- I have been left unto thee ever since I was born: thou art my God, even from my mother's womb.
- O go not from me, for trouble is hard at hand: and there is none to help me.
- Many oxen are come about me: fat bulls of Basan close me in on every side.
- They gape upon me with their mouths: as it were a ramping and a roaring lion.
- I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart also in the midst of my body is even like melting wax.
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue cleaveth to my gums: and thou shalt bring me into the dust of death.
- For many dogs are come about me: and the council of the wicked layeth siege against me.
- They pierced my hands and my feet; I may tell all my bones: they stand staring and looking upon me.
- They part my garments among them: and casts lots upon my vesture.
- But be not thou far from me, O Lord: thou art my succour, haste thee to help me.
- Deliver my soul from the sword: my darling from the power of the dog.
- Save me from the lion's mouth: thou hast heard me also from among the horns of the unicorns.
- I will declare thy Name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.
- O praise the Lord, ye that fear him: magnify him, all ye of the seed of Jacob, and fear him, all ye seed of Israel.
- For he hath not despised, nor abhorred, the low estate of the poor: he hath not hid his face from him, but when he called unto him he heard him.
- My praise is of thee in the great congregation: my vows will I perform in the sight of them that fear him.
- The poor shall eat and be satisfied: they that seek after the Lord shall praise him; your heart shall live for ever.
- All the ends of the world shall remember themselves, and be turned unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before him.
- For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the Governor among the people.
- All such as be fat upon earth: have eaten and worshipped.
- All they that go down into the dust shall kneel before him: and no man hath quickened his own soul.
- My seed shall serve him: they shall be counted unto the Lord for a generation.
- They shall come, and the heavens shall declare his righteousness: unto a people that shall be born, whom the Lord hath made.
Dominus regit me
- THE Lord is my shepherd: therefore can I lack nothing.
- He shall feed me in a green pasture: and lead me forth beside the waters of comfort.
- He shall convert my soul: and bring me forth in the paths of righteousness, for his Name's sake.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff comfort me.
- Thou shalt prepare a table before me against them that trouble me: thou hast anointed my head with oil, and my cup shall be full.
- But thy loving-kindness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.