Day 2 Evening Prayer
Salvum me fac
- HELP me, Lord, for there is not one godly man left: for the faithful are minished from among the children of men,
- They talk of vanity every one with his neighbour: they do but flatter with their lips, and dissemble in their double heart.
- The Lord shall root out all deceitful lips: and the tongue that speaketh proud things;
- Which have said, With our tongue will we prevail: we are they that ought to speak , who is lord over us?
- Now for the comfortless trouble's sake of the needy: and because of the deep sighing of the poor,
- I will up, saith the Lord: and will help every one from him that swelleth against him, and will set him at rest.
- The words of the Lord are pure words: even as the silver, which from the earth is tried, and purified seven times in the fire.
- Thou shalt keep them, O Lord: thou shalt preserve him from this generation for ever.
- The ungodly walk on every side: when they are exalted, the children of men are put to rebuke.
Usque quo, Domine?
- HOW long wilt thou forget me, O Lord, for ever: how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
- How long shall I seek counsel in my soul, and be so vexed in my heart: how long shall mine enemies triumph over me?
- Consider, and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, that I sleep not in death.
- Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him: for if I be cast down, they that trouble me will rejoice at it.
- But my trust is in thy mercy: and my heart is joyful in thy salvation.
- I will sing of the Lord, because he hath dealt so lovingly with me: yea, I will praise the Name of the Lord most Highest.
- THE fool hath said in his heart: There is no God.
- They are corrupt, and become abominable in their doings: there is none that doeth good, no not one.
- The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men: to see if there were any that would understand, and seek after God.
- But they are all gone out of the way, they are altogether become abominable: there is none that doeth good, no not one.
- Their throat is an open sepulchre, with their tongues have they deceived: the poison of asps is under their lips.
- Their mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: their feet are swift to shed blood.
- Destruction and unhappiness is in their ways, and the way of peace have they not known ; there is no fear of God before their eyes.
- Have they no knowledge, that they are all such workers of mischief: eating up my people as it were bread, and call not upon the Lord?
- There were they brought in great fear, even where no fear was: for God is in the generation of the righteous.
- As for you, ye have made a mock at the counsel of the poor: because he putteth his trust in the Lord.
- Who shall give salvation unto Israel out of Sion? When the Lord turneth the captivity of his people: then shall Jacob rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.