Day 17 Morning Prayer
- BOW down thine ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am poor, and in misery.
- Preserve thou my soul, for I am holy: my God, save thy servant that putteth his trust in thee.
- Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I will call daily upon thee.
- Comfort the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
- For thou, Lord, art good and gracious: and of great mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
- Give ear, Lord, unto my prayer: and ponder the voice of my humble desires.
- In the time of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou hearest me.
- Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord: there is not one that can do as thou doest.
- All nations whom thou hadst made shall come and worship thee, O Lord: and shall glorify thy Name.
- For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
- Teach me thy way, O Lord, and I will walk in thy truth: O knit my heart unto thee, that I may fear thy Name.
- I will thank thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and will praise thy Name for evermore.
- For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the nethermost hell.
- O God, the proud are risen against me: and the congregations of naughty men have sought after my soul, and have not set thee before their eyes.
- But thou, O Lord God, art full of compassion and mercy: long-suffering, plenteous in goodness and truth.
- O turn thee then unto me, and have mercy upon me: give thy strength unto thy servant, and help the son of thine handmaid.
- Shew some token upon me for good, that they who hate me may see it and be ashamed: because thou, Lord, hast holpen me and comforted me.
- HER foundations are upon the holy hills: the Lord loveth the gates of Sion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.
- Very excellent things are spoken of thee: thou city of God.
- I will think upon Rahab and Babylon: with them that know me.
- Behold ye the Philistines also: and they of Tyre, with the Morians; lo, there was he born.
- And of Sion it shall be reported that he was born in her: and the most High shall stablish her.
- The Lord shall rehearse it when he writeth up the people: that he was born there.
- The singers also and trumpeters shall he rehearse: All my fresh springs shall be in thee.
- O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: O let my prayer enter into thy presence, incline thine ear unto my calling.
- For my soul is full of trouble: and my life draweth nigh unto hell.
- I am counted as one of them that go down into the pit: and I have been even as a man that hath no strength.
- Free among the dead, like unto them that are wounded, and lie in the grave: who are out of remembrance, and are cut away from thy hand.
- Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit: in a place of darkness, and in the deep.
- Thine indignation lieth hard upon me: and thou hast vexed me with all thy storms.
- Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me: and made me to be abhorred of them.
- I am so fast in prison: that I cannot get forth.
- My sight faileth for very trouble: Lord, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched forth my hands unto thee.
- Dost thou shew wonders among the dead: or shall the dead rise up again, and praise thee?
- Shall thy loving-kindness be shewed in the grave: or thy faithfulness in destruction?
- Shall thy wondrous works be known in the dark: and thy righteousness in the land where all things are forgotten?
- Unto thee have I cried, O Lord: and early shall my prayer come before thee.
- Lord, why abhorrest thou my soul: and hidest thou thy face from me?
- I am in misery, and like unto him that is at the point to die: even from my youth up thy terrors have I suffered with a troubled mind.
- Thy wrathful displeasure goeth over me: and the fear of thee hath undone me.
- They came round about me daily like water: and compassed me together on every side.
- My lovers and friends hast thou put away from me: and hid mine acquaintance out of my sight.