Day 16 Evening Prayer
- GOD standeth in the congregation of princes: he is a Judge among gods.
- How long will ye give wrong judgement: and accept the persons of the ungodly?
- Defend the poor and fatherless: see that such as are in need and necessity have right.
- Deliver the outcast and poor: save them from the hand of the ungodly.
- They will not be learned nor understand, but walk on still in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.
- I have said, Ye are gods: and ye are all the children of the most Highest.
- But ye shall die like men: and fall like one of the princes.
- Arise, O God, and judge thou the earth: for thou shalt take all heathen to thine inheritance.
Deus, quis similis?
- HOLD not thy tongue, O God, keep not still silence: refrain not thyself, O God.
- For lo, thine enemies make a murmuring: and they that hate thee have lift up their head.
- They have imagined craftily against thy people: and taken counsel against thy secret ones.
- They have said, Come, and let us root them out, that they be no more a people: and that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.
- For they have cast their heads together with one consent: and are confederate against thee;
- The tabernacles of the Edomites, and the Ismaelites: the Moabites and Hagarenes;
- Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek: the Philistines, with them that dwell at Tyre.
- Assur also is joined with them: and have holpen the children of Lot.
- But do thou to them as unto the Madianites: unto Sisera, and unto Jabin at the brook of Kison;
- Who perished at Endor: and became as the dung of the earth.
- Make them and their princes like Oreb and Zeb: yea, make all their princes like as Zeba and Salmana;
- Who say, Let us take to ourselves: the houses of God in possession.
- O my God, make them like unto a wheel: and as the stubble before the wind;
- Like as the fire that burneth up the wood: and as the flame that consumeth the mountains.
- Persecute them even so with thy tempest: and make them afraid with thy storm.
- Make their faces ashamed, O Lord: that they may seek thy Name.
- Let them be confounded and vexed ever more and more: let them be put to shame, and perish.
- And they shall know that thou, whose Name is Jehovah: art only the most Highest over all the earth.
- O HOW amiable are thy dwellings: thou Lord of hosts!
- My soul hath a desire and longing to enter into the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh rejoice in the living God.
- Yea, the sparrow hath found her an house, and the swallow a nest where she may lay her young: even thy altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God.
- Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be alway praising thee.
- Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee: in whose heart are thy ways.
- Who going through the vale of misery use it for a well: and the pools are filled with water.
- They will go from strength to strength: and unto the God of gods appeareth every one of them in Sion.
- O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer: hearken, O God of Jacob.
- Behold, O God our defender: and look upon the face of thine Anointed.
- For one day in thy courts: is better than a thousand.
- I had rather be a door-keeper in the house of my God: than to dwell in the tents of ungodliness.
- For the Lord God is a light and defence: the Lord will give grace and worship, and no good thing shall he withhold from them that live a godly life.
- O Lord God of hosts: blessed is the man that putteth his trust in thee.
- LORD, thou art become gracious unto thy land: thou hast turned away the captivity of Jacob.
- Thou hast forgiven the offence of thy people: and covered all their sins.
- Thou hast taken away all thy displeasure: and turned thyself from thy wrathful indignation.
- Turn us then, O God our Saviour: and let thine anger cease from us.
- Wilt thou be displeased at us for ever: and wilt thou stretch out thy wrath from one generation to another?
- Wilt thou not turn again, and quicken us: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
- Shew us thy mercy, O Lord: and grant us thy salvation.
- I will hearken what the Lord God will say concerning me: for he shall speak peace unto his people, and to his saints, that they turn not again.
- For his salvation is nigh them that fear him: that glory may dwell in our land.
- Mercy and truth are met together: righteousness and peace have kissed each other.
- Truth shall flourish out of the earth: and righteousness hath looked down from heaven.
- Yea, the Lord shall shew loving-kindness: and our land shall give her increase.
- Righteousness shall go before him: and he shall direct his going in the way.