Day 13 Evening Prayer
Salvum me fac
- SAVE me, O God: for the waters are come in, even unto my soul.
- I stick fast in the deep mire, where no ground is: I am come into deep waters, so that the floods run over me.
- I am weary of crying; my throat is dry: my sight faileth me for waiting so long upon my God.
- They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of my head: they that are mine enemies, and would destroy me guiltless, are mighty.
- I paid them the things that I never took: God, thou knowest my simpleness, and my faults are not hid from thee.
- Let not them that trust in thee, O Lord God of hosts, be ashamed for my cause: let not those that seek thee be confounded through me, O Lord God of Israel.
- And why? for thy sake have I suffered reproof: shame hath covered my face.
- I am become a stranger unto my brethren: even an alien unto my mother's children.
- For the zeal of thine house hath even eaten me: and the rebukes of them that rebuked thee are fallen upon me.
- I wept, and chastened myself with fasting: and that was turned to my reproof.
- I put on sackcloth also: and they jested upon me.
- They that sit in the gate speak against me: and the drunkards make songs upon me.
- But, Lord, I make my prayer unto thee: in an acceptable time.
- Hear me, O God, in the multitude of thy mercy: even in the truth of thy salvation.
- Take me out of the mire, that I sink not: O let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.
- Let not the water-flood drown me, neither let the deep swallow me up: and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.
- Hear me, O Lord, for thy loving-kindness is comfortable: turn thee unto me according to the multitude of thy mercies.
- And hide not thy face from thy servant, for I am in trouble: O haste thee, and hear me.
- Draw nigh unto my soul, and save it: O deliver me, because of mine enemies.
- Thou hast known my reproof, my shame, and my dishonour: mine adversaries are all in thy sight.
- Thy rebuke hath broken my heart; I am full of heaviness: I looked for some to have pity on me, but there was no man, neither found I any to comfort me.
- They gave me gall to eat: and when I was thirsty they gave me vinegar to drink.
- Let their table be made a snare to take themselves withal: and let the things that should have been for their wealth be unto them an occasion of falling.
- Let their eyes be blinded, that they see not: and ever bow thou down their backs.
- Pour out thine indignation upon them: and let thy wrathful displeasure take hold of them.
- Let their habitation be void: and no man to dwell in their tents.
- For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten: and they talk how they may vex them whom thou hast wounded.
- Let them fall from one wickedness to another: and not come into thy righteousness.
- Let them be wiped out of the book of the living: and not be written among the righteous.
- As for me, when I am poor and in heaviness: thy help, O God, shall lift me up.
- I will praise the Name of God with a song: and magnify it with thanksgiving.
- This also shall please the Lord: better than a bullock that hath horns and hoofs.
- The humble shall consider this, and be glad: seek ye after God, and your soul shall live.
- For the Lord heareth the poor: and despiseth not his prisoners.
- Let heaven and earth praise him: the sea, and all that moveth therein.
- For God will save Sion, and build the cities of Judah: that men may dwell there, and have it in possession.
- The posterity also of his servants shall inherit it: and they that love his Name shall dwell therein.
Deus, in adjutorium
- HASTE thee, O God, to deliver me: make haste to help me, O Lord.
- Let them be ashamed and confounded that seek after my soul: let them be turned backward and put to confusion that wish me evil.
- Let them for their reward be soon brought to shame: that cry over me, There, there.
- But let all those that seek thee be joyful and glad in thee: and let all such as delight in thy salvation say alway, The Lord be praised.
- As for me, I am poor and in misery: haste thee unto me, O God.
- Thou art my helper and my redeemer: O Lord, make no long tarrying.