Day 11 Evening Prayer
Eripe me de inimicis
- DELIVER me from mine enemies, O God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
- O deliver me from the wicked doers: and save me from the blood-thirsty men.
- For lo, they lie waiting for my soul: the mighty men are gathered against me, without any offence or fault of me, O Lord.
- They run and prepare themselves without my fault: arise thou therefore to help me, and behold.
- Stand up, O Lord God of hosts, thou God of Israel, to visit all the heathen: and be not merciful unto them that offend of malicious wickedness.
- They go to and fro in the evening: they grin like a dog, and run about through the city.
- Behold, they speak with their mouth, and swords are in their lips: for who doth hear?
- But thou. O Lord, shalt have them in derision: and thou shalt laugh all the heathen to scorn.
- My strength will I ascribe unto thee: for thou art the God of my refuge.
- God sheweth me his goodness plenteously: and God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.
- .Slay them not, lest my people forget it: but scatter them abroad among the people, and put them down, O Lord, our defence.
- For the sin of their mouth, and for the words of their lips, they shall be taken in their pride: and why? their preaching is of cursing and lies.
- Consume them in thy wrath, consume them, that they may perish: and know that it is God that ruleth in Jacob, and unto the ends of the world.
- And in the evening they will return: grin like a dog, and will go about the city.
- They will run here and there for meat: and grudge if they be not satisfied.
- As for me, I will sing of thy power, and will praise thy mercy betimes in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
- Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for thou, O God, art my refuge, and my merciful God.
Deus, repulisti nos
- O GOD, thou hast cast us out, and scattered us abroad: thou hast also been displeased; O turn thee unto us again.
- Thou hast moved the land, and divided it: heal the sores thereof, for it shaketh.
- Thou hast shewed thy people heavy things: thou hast given us a drink of deadly wine.
- Thou hast given a token for such as fear thee: that they may triumph because of the truth.
- Therefore were thy beloved delivered: help me with thy right hand, and hear me.
- God hath spoken in his holiness, I will rejoice, and divide Sichem: and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- Gilead is mine, and Manasses is mine: Ephraim also is the strength of my head; Judah is my law-giver;
- Moab is my wash-pot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe: Philistia, be thou glad of me.
- Who will lead me into the strong city: who will bring me into Edom?
- Hast not thou cast us out, O God: wilt not thou, O God, go out with our hosts?
- O be thou our help in trouble: for vain is the help of man.
- Through God will we do great acts: for it is he that shall tread down our enemies.
- HEAR my crying, O God: give ear unto my prayer.
- From the ends of the earth will I call upon thee: when my heart is in heaviness.
- O set me up upon the rock that is higher than I: for thou hast been my hope, and a strong tower for me against the enemy.
- I will dwell in thy tabernacle for ever: and my trust shall be under the covering of thy wings.
- For thou, O Lord, hast heard my desires: and hast given an heritage unto those that fear thy Name.
- Thou shalt grant the King a long life: that his years may endure throughout all generations.
- He shall dwell before God for ever: O prepare thy loving mercy and faithfulness, that they may preserve him.
- So will I always sing praise unto thy Name: that I may daily perform my vows.