(from Day 10 Evening Prayer)
- THE foolish body hath said in his heart: There is no God.
- Corrupt are they, and become abominable in their wickedness: there is none that doeth good.
- God looked down from heaven upon the children of men: to see if there were any that would understand, and seek after God.
- But they are all gone out of the way, they are altogether become abominable: there is also none that doeth good, no not one.
- Are not they without understanding, that work wickedness: eating up my people as if they would eat bread? they have not called upon God.
- They were afraid where no fear was: for God hath broken the bones of him that besieged thee; thou hast put them to confusion, because God hath despised them.
- O that the salvation were given unto Israel out of Sion: O that the Lord would deliver his people out of captivity!
- Then should Jacob rejoice: and Israel should be right glad.