(from Day 9 Morning Prayer)
Eructavit cor meum
- MY HEART is inditing of a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made unto the King.
- My tongue is the pen: of a ready writer.
- Thou art fairer than the children of men: full of grace are thy lips, because God hath blessed thee for ever.
- Gird thee with thy sword upon thy thigh, O thou most Mighty: according to thy worship and renown.
- Good luck have thou with thine honour: ride on, because of the word of truth , of meekness, and righteousness; and thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.
- Thy arrows are very sharp, and the people shall be subdued unto thee: even in the midst among the King's enemies.
- Thy seat, O God, endureth for ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
- Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity: wherefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
- All thy garments smell of myrrh, aloes, and cassia: out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.
- Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in a vesture of gold, wrought about with divers colours.
- Hearken, O daughter, and consider, incline thine ear ; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house.
- So shall the King have pleasure in thy beauty: for he is thy Lord God, and worship thou him.
- And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift: like as the rich also among the people shall make their supplication before thee.
- The King's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
- She shall be brought unto the King in raiment of needle-work: the virgins that be her fellows shall bear her company, and shall be brought unto thee.
- With joy and gladness shall they be brought: and shall enter into the King's palace.
- Instead of thy fathers thou shalt have children: whom thou mayest make princes in all lands.
- I will remember thy Name from one generation to another: therefore shall the people give thanks unto thee, world without end.