(from Day 29 Morning Prayer)
- O LORD, thou hast searched me out and known me: thou knowest my down-sitting and mine up-rising, thou understandest my thoughts long before.
- Thou art about my path, and about my bed: and spiest out all my ways.
- For lo, there is not a word in my tongue: but thou, O Lord, knowest it altogether.
- Thou hast fashioned me behind and before: and laid thine hand upon me.
- Such knowledge is too wonderful and excellent for me: I cannot attain unto it.
- Whither shall I go then from thy Spirit: or whither shall I go then from thy presence?
- If I climb up into heaven, thou art there: if I go down to hell, thou art there also.
- If I take the wings of the morning: and remain in the uttermost parts of the sea;
- Even there also shall thy hand lead me: and thy right hand shall hold me.
- If I say, Peradventure the darkness shall cover me: then shall my night be turned to day.
- Yea, the darkness is no darkness with thee, but the night is as clear as the day: the darkness and light to thee are both alike.
- For my reins are thine: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
- I will give thanks unto thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works, and that my soul knoweth right well.
- My bones are not hid from thee: though I be made secretly, and fashioned beneath in the earth.
- Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being imperfect: and in thy book were all my members written;
- Which day by day were fashioned: when as yet there was none of them.
- How dear are thy counsels unto me, O God: O how great is the sum of them!
- If I tell them, they are more in number than the sand: when I wake up I am present with thee.
- Wilt thou not slay the wicked, O God: depart from me, ye blood-thirsty men.
- For they speak unrighteously against thee: and thine enemies take thy Name in vain.
- Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee: and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
- Yea, I hate them right sore: even as though they were mine enemies.
- Try me, O God, and seek the ground of my heart: prove me, and examine my thoughts.
- Look well if there be any way of wickedness in me: and lead me in the way everlasting.