(from Day 27 Morning Prayer)
- WHEN I was in trouble I called upon the Lord: and he heard me.
- Deliver my soul, O Lord, from lying lips: and from a deceitful tongue.
- What reward shall be given or done unto thee, thou false tongue: even mighty and sharp arrows, with hot burning coals.
- Woe is me, that I am constrained to dwell with Mesech: and to have my habitation among the tents of Kedar.
- My soul hath long dwelt among them: that are enemies unto peace.
- I labour for peace, but when I speak unto them thereof: they make them ready to battle.