(from Day 2 Morning Prayer)
In Domino confido
- IN THE Lord put I my trust: how say ye then to my soul, that she should flee as a bird unto the hill?
- For lo, the ungodly bend their bow, and make ready their arrows within the quiver: that they may privily shoot at them which are true of heart.
- For the foundations will be cast down: and what hath the righteous done?
- The Lord is in his holy temple: the Lord's seat is in heaven.
- His eyes consider the poor: and his eye-lids try the children of men.
- The Lord alloweth the righteous: but the ungodly, and him that delighteth in wickedness, doth his soul abhor.
- Upon the ungodly he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, storm and tempest: this shall be their portion to drink.
- For the righteous Lord loveth righteousness: his countenance will behold the thing that is just.