(from Day 1 Morning Prayer)
Beatus vir, qui non abiit, &c.
- BLESSED is the man that hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners: and hath not sat in the seat of the scornful.
- But his delight is in the law of the Lord: and in his law will he exercise himself day and night.
- And he shall be like a tree planted by the water-side: that will bring forth his fruit in due season.
- His leaf also shall not wither: and look, whatsoever he doeth, it shall prosper.
- As for the ungodly, it is not so with them: but they are like the chaff, which the wind scattereth away from the face of the earth.
- Therefore the ungodly shall not be able to stand in the judgement: neither the sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
- But the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: and the way of the ungodly shall perish.