Day 6 Morning Prayer
Exaltabo te, Domine
- I WILL magnify thee, O Lord, for thou hast set me up: and not made my foes to triumph over me.
- O Lord my God, I cried unto thee: and thou hast healed me.
- Thou, Lord, hast brought my soul out of hell: thou hast kept my life from them that go down to the pit.
- Sing praises unto the Lord, O ye saints of his: and give thanks unto him for a remembrance of his holiness.
- For his wrath endureth but the twinkling of an eye, and in his pleasure is life: heaviness may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be removed: thou, Lord, of thy goodness hast made my hill so strong.
- Thou didst turn thy face from me: and I was troubled.
- Then cried I unto thee, O Lord: and gat me to my Lord right humbly.
- What profit is there in my blood: when I go down to the pit?
- Shall the dust give thanks unto thee: or shall it declare thy truth?
- Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me: Lord, be thou my helper.
- Thou hast turned my heaviness into joy: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness.
- Therefore shall every good man sing of thy praise without ceasing: O my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
In te, Domine, speravi
- IN THEE, O Lord, have I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion, deliver me in thy righteousness.
- Bow down thine ear to me: make haste to deliver me.
- And be thou my strong rock, and house of defence: that thou mayest save me.
- For thou art my strong rock, and my castle: be thou also my guide, and lead me for thy Name's sake.
- Draw me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
- Into thy hands I commend my spirit: for thou hast redeemed me, O Lord, thou God of truth.
- I have hated them that hold of superstitious vanities: and my trust hath been in the Lord.
- I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble, and hast known my soul in adversities.
- Thou hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: but hast set my feet in a large room.
- Have mercy upon me, O Lord , for I am in trouble: and mine eye is consumed for very heaviness; yea, my soul and my body.
- For my life is waxen old with heaviness: and my years with mourning.
- My strength faileth me, because of mine iniquity: and my bones are consumed.
- I became a reproof among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours: and they of mine acquaintance were afraid of me; and they that did see me without conveyed themselves from me.
- I am clean forgotten, as a dead man out of mind: I am become like a broken vessel.
- For I have heard the blasphemy of the multitude: and fear is on every side, while they conspire together against me, and take their counsel to take away my life.
- But my hope hath been in thee, O Lord: I have said, Thou art my God.
- My time is in thy hand; deliver me from the hand of mine enemies: and from them that persecute me.
- Shew thy servant the light of thy countenance: and save me for thy mercy's sake.
- Let me not be confounded, O Lord, for I have called upon thee: let the ungodly be put to confusion, and be put to silence in the grave.
- Let the lying lips be put to silence: which cruelly, disdainfully, and despitefully, speak against the righteous.
- O how plentiful is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee: and that thou hast prepared for them that put their trust in thee, even before the sons of men!
- Thou shalt hide them privily by thine own presence from the provoking of all men: thou shalt keep them secretly in thy tabernacle from the strife of tongues.
- Thanks be to the Lord: for he hath shewed me marvellous great kindness in a strong city.
- And when I made haste, I said: I am cast out of the sight of thine eyes.
- Nevertheless, thou heardest the voice of my prayer: when I cried unto thee.
- O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth them that are faithful, and plenteously rewardeth the proud doer.
- Be strong, and he shall establish your heart: all ye that put your trust in the Lord.