Day 3 Morning Prayer
Domine, quis habitabit?
- LORD, who shall dwell in thy tabernacle: or who shall rest upon thy holy hill?
- Even he that leadeth an uncorrupt life: and doeth the thing which is right, and speaketh the truth from his heart.
- He that hath used no deceit in his tongue, nor done evil to his neighbour: and hath not slandered his neighbour.
- He that setteth not by himself, but is lowly in his own eyes: and maketh much of them that fear the Lord.
- He that sweareth unto his neighbour, and disappointeth him not: though it were to his own hindrance.
- He that hath not given his money upon usury: nor taken reward against the innocent.
- Whoso doeth these things: shall never fall.
Conserva me, Domine
- PRESERVE me, O God: for in thee have I put my trust.
- O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord: Thou art my God, my goods are nothing unto thee.
- All my delight is upon the saints, that are in the earth: and upon such as excel in virtue.
- But they that run after another god: shall have great trouble.
- Their drink-offerings of blood will I not offer: neither make mention of their names within my lips.
- The Lord himself is the portion of mine inheritance, and of my cup: thou shalt maintain my lot.
- The lot is fallen unto me in a fair ground: yea, I have a goodly heritage.
- I will thank the Lord for giving me warning: my reins also chasten me in the night-season.
- I have set God always before me: for he is on my right hand, therefore I shall not fall.
- Wherefore my heart was glad, and my glory rejoiced: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
- For why? thou shalt not leave my soul in hell: neither shalt thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
- Thou shalt shew me the path of life; in thy presence is the fulness of joy: and at thy right hand there is pleasure for evermore.
- HEAR the right, O Lord, consider my complaint: and hearken unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
- Let my sentence come forth from thy presence: and let thine eyes look upon the thing that is equal.
- Thou hast proved and visited mine heart in the night-season; thou hast tried me, and shalt find no wickedness in me; for I am utterly purposed that my mouth shall not offend.
- Because of men's works, that are done against the words of thy lips: I have kept me from the ways of the destroyer.
- O hold thou up my goings in thy paths: that my footsteps slip not.
- I have called upon thee, O God, for thou shalt hear me: incline thine ear to me, and hearken unto my words.
- Shew thy marvellous loving-kindness, thou that art the Saviour of them which put their trust in thee: from such as resist thy right hand.
- Keep me as the apple of an eye: hide me under the shadow of thy wings.
- From the ungodly that trouble me: mine enemies compass me round about to take away my soul.
- They are inclosed in their own fat: and their mouth speaketh proud things.
- They lie waiting in our way on every side: turning their eyes down to the ground.
- Like as a lion that is greedy of his prey: and as it were a lion's whelp, lurking in secret places.
- Up, Lord, disappoint him, and cast him down: deliver my soul from the ungodly, which is a sword of thine;
- From the men of thy hand, O Lord, from the men, I say, and from the evil world: which have their portion in this life, whose bellies thou fillest with thy hid treasure.
- They have children at their desire: and leave the rest of their substance for their babes.
- But as for me, I will behold thy presence in righteousness: and when I awake up after thy likeness, I shall be satisfied with it.